Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Brie With Honey And Macadamias


This is a quick and easy appetizer, perfect when time is stressed.

It seems that as soon as October arrives, so does HalloThankChristNewValenEaster. One set of decorations comes down while the next goes up in a blur. There are costumes and feasts, gifts and resolutions, kisses and baskets. And then spring arrives and we bask in the sunshine and freshness of new growth.
The holiday hurries are here. Christmas is coming faster than most of us will ever be ready for.
I simplified years ago to keep my own sanity. Family is really all I want. Well that and a winning lottery ticket and perhaps a wonderful man who adores me.
If you entertain guests during this season, it is so nice to have a few easy appetizers up your sleeve. A good pantry is a must, I always have nuts in the freezer and honey in the cupboard and this has been my dinner more than once. Mainly you just need to pick up the brie and some fruit if you already have the wine and some crackers. I love how this is so monochromatic and keeps with a white Christmas look.
It is also wonderful including the pear, with thin sliced ham for a sandwich.


BRIE WITH HONEY AND MACADAMIAS

Triple cream Brie, I like St. Andre
Honey
Macadamia nuts, chopped
Fruit, pears, grapes, etc.
Bread or crackers
A nice white wine

Plate the brie and bring close to room temp.
Just before serving, drizzle honey and sprinkle macadamia nuts.
Serve with fruit, bread or crackers and a glass of wine.


1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love this!!!! Brie is so good with the salty chopped nuts and the sweet honey. Yum!!