Friday, January 11, 2013

Finally, The Wedding Posts Starting With A Dress & Shoes

Well we pulled it off & were married on New Years Eve 2012.
I think we planned it in about 4-5 months.
Around $5,000, but probably more.
Between purchases, changing things & returns, receipts got a bit mixed up.
The budget also did not include rings.

So how did we pull it off?
Pinterest was a huge help.
And having the wedding on New Years eve set the theme.
Plus I am not afraid to do almost everything myself.

After being a single mom with high design taste & having to create almost everything in my house due to budget cuts, I am not afraid to make things look better.
It really isn't much different than putting together an outfit.
You see something pretty on a celebrity & you find a cheaper version of each piece.
Voila.
Just find a way to copy what you like, change it up a bit, & fake it till you make it.

For our wedding I began with a gold lace dress & ended up with a black lace over cream one because I couldn't fit my ass into the first one.
Oh well.
$48 on sale from dress barn.
It would be lovely to have thousands for a gorgeous Claire Pettibone or Jenny Packham gown but alas daddy isn't paying, nor should he.
So $48 dress it is.
Shoes?
$20 on sale from Payless Shoes.
Once again Christian Louboutin or Valentino would have been fun but I probably couldn't walk far on them either.

So let's talk inspiration & final results.

I wanted a knee length dress or just below, simple in style, sort of like this, just not in white preferably.

JS Collections


And this was the final dress.




These would be my perfect shoes gorgeous & sexy.
Perfect for everything.
PERFECT!

great lines


These were affordable & better looking on than in the photo .
Plus I think I am going to glitz up the heel now.

Womens Fioni NightWomen's Intyce Strappy Sandal



More fun wedding stuff to come soon.





















No comments: