Saturday, June 12, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

A little birthday love for the Pa and Gpa as my daughter says.


I always loved photo booths at the county fair. I still have some strips from back then. One of my mother and myself when I was about 9 or 10. Some of drunken fair nights with my girlfriends. And even one of my first love and myself. They are just sort of classic old memorabilia. I know you can rent the booths now for weddings etc., but they are quite expensive. Since I follow a lot of wedding and entertaining blogs I have found so many great ideas for a DIY affair.

Our Daddy and his offspring.
5 of us.
16 grand children.
And the greats are multiplying.
Yep, we are breeders.
I myself am the youngest.


We had my fathers 75th birthday party in their backyard. It is lovely with gorgeous trees that have a light brown papery bark that peels away and lacy leaves and branches. The natural backdrop was beautiful on its own but being a party we added pretty flower garlands and paper lanterns to up the festive feel. Lots of hats, animal noses, glasses, etc., to make it fun. And wonderful family and friends to make it perfect. I wish I could post more photos but my camera was one of many being used.

Theme song from 'Deliverance' comes to mind.


The 'Real Housewives of Napa Valley' star couple.


The 'Lion King' spin off.
A tiger and a Queen.


My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
From the 'Princess Bride'.
She is a princess, he is a soldier, it's a stretch I know but it works.


In honor of 'Memorial Day', Uncle Sam and the Statue of Liberty.


I detect a note of sarcasm from my daughter.
Blue eyes? Talk to the mail man.


And for Daddy just because.....

http://www.biojobblog.com/Marilin_happy_birthday_to_me.jpg

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures, don't know everyone any more. Time changes us all, you daughter is one pretty girl, but she probably already knows that:-)
Sherman & Arlene Boone

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures, people do not look like they did 25 years ago. You have a pretty daughter as I am sure you have heard before.
Sherman & Arlene Boone

Leslie said...

Nope..not back yet! But thanks for checking in. I am still alive!