Thursday, January 7, 2010

Twenty Ten

2010. Twenty Ten. It sounds like an address.
Many of us have been thinking about the New Year.
Resolutions, direction, change, lists.
At 52 I have less than half my life on earth left to live.
I need purpose in life to be happy. Right now I don't have one, the children are grown and there is not a man in my life to share it with.
So my New Years resolution is to 'change my life'. Maybe not 360 degrees, but perhaps 180 or even 90 degrees. The change may only be noticeable to myself, because it might be on the inside. Or it may be absolutely obvious to everyone. Who knows.
And more salads. Lots more salads.

To celebrate growing older, Regina Brett once wrote 'the 45 lessons life taught me'.
These are my favorites, the ones I already believe in, but I still need to try to live by and remember this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yield.
Always choose life.
Believe in miracles.
The best is yet to come.
Forgive everyone everything.
Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Over prepare, then go with the flow.
Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
When in doubt, just take the next small step.
Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
What other people think of you is none of your business.
You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to be here....

White Caribbean  beach, chairs and islands

Photo

I am so cold, my hands are freezing, my butt is cold and my back is tensing up. I just want to curl up in front of a warm fire and snuggle with someone who wants to take me away from all this yuckiness. I don't know how you people up north do it, you are impressive. Freezing, I would be bitchy, okay bitchier. Constant gray skies, I would be sad. All I can say is God bless you, you are tougher than me. I suppose I should read the above list again, but I think in 5 years I will still gripe about the cold. Yeah, I hate hot too.

1 comment:

noble pig said...

Happy New Year, it will be a good one if you follow that advice. I love that pic, I'll meet you there.