Friday, May 1, 2009

Bar Stool Project

sStill here.
This is basically a food blog, but I also enjoy table settings (coming again in October) and entertaining, interiors and some crafts.
I follow a lot of blogs, one being from Melissa at The Inspired Room.
She is having a project procrastinators party and I am in.
I am so in that I procrastinated my post and photo an extra day, so I think I win that part.
My project is three old bar stools, cheap ones, ones with other projects paint on them.
Nothing but good should come from this.
The plan is to paint them to match my dining table that I made with brown stone paint.
I had thought about stenciling numbers (1, 2 & 3) on top which I love but it doesn't really work with the rest of the room.
Instead I hope to make padded seat covers with some burlap that I drew some East Indian designs on.
I had used these over the back of the chairs for my table setting luncheon that I do every year and this time my theme was 'A Passage To India".
So I have two weeks, until May 14 to get this done.
Actually one week and six days because I am late already.
This is the before of one of the stools...


Yes those are weeds in the background, that is a whole other project.

10 comments:

Bar Stool Guy said...

I work with furniture. Burlap should hold up well as an upholstery material on the top, I wonder how well it can hold staples on the bottom. You may want to triple the amount of staples you would typically use for this type of upholstery job. Make sure to do four anchor points first and stretch the material as much as you can. Good luck.

noble pig said...

Very cool. I can't wait to see them and yeah you have disappeared...poof!

steph said...

can't wait to see them. sounds like a fun project.

please sir said...

Ohh sounds wonderful!

KM Studios said...

Hi Amber,
Thanks for stoping by my blog! I see your in on the party too!
I bet those bar stools are going to look like a million buck when your done.
As for my chairs - I olny plan on revamping one of them. If I did all 4 I would be the last one at the party..lolol

Leslie said...

Girl..you better get on those weeds!! LOL
I cant wait to see your stools when finished!!!

Debbie said...

Weeds, schmeeds!
can't wait to see the finished project.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment on my procrastination project. Have you started yours yet? I haven't & we only have 7 days left. Plus I will be out of town this weekend. So I hope you are not procrastinating as much as me. lol. Good luck and I can't wait to see how your stools turn out.

mamaK said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting! I hope your project is going well. My sprinkler cover has hit a snag (a lack of knowledge snag=) and I am exactly where I mean to be in my procrastination on my composter! Your dog is so cute! mamaK

Brooke Meyenberg said...

Oh boy, Oh boy! :)
I can't wait (one week, six days) 'til we see the finished product! :)
Sounds like you've a good plan brewin'.